Trinity was about to push the walls out of the little church on Hoff Avenue, and the congregation saw the need and also its ability to build its own house of worship.
While the congregation was planning the new building the former members of Union City made the offer to pay the difference and make it a full basement, rather than a half-basement, as it was first decided upon. The congregation at Union City had lost its parsonage by fire. The money from the insurance and also the money from the church building was applied on the full basement and on part payment of the organ in the new church.
It was in the same year, on November 4, 1938 that the congregation purchased the parsonage on the northeast corner of Wade and Williams. This served as the parsonage until 1949.
On April 16, 1939, the new church of Trinity Lutheran Congregation, El Reno, was dedicated to the glory of God and the spread of the Gospel of the beautiful Savior. Three special services were held.
After ten years of faithful and successful service in the Lord's Kingdom at El Reno, The Rev. E. H. Pittelko accepted the call to Fairmont, Oklahoma. According to his records the farewell service was conducted on June 8, 1941. The congregation extended a call to Rev. A. C. Dubberstein, then Pastor at Ardmore, Oklahoma and who had previously served the El Reno congregation before it was organized. Pastor Dubberstein accepted the call and served until his death in January of 1949.
In 1961, Trinity again saw the need to build and the present church located at 500 South Country Club Road was dedicated to the Glory of God.
After 80 years, Trinity Lutheran still serves Lutherans in the area, with the Rev. Donald R. Hefta as the Pastor. Before coming to Trinity, El Reno, Rev. Hefta served parishes in Tampa, FL and Garland, TX.
At present, Josh Hoffman is the Director of Christian Education graduating from Concordia University, St. Paul and installed June 8, 2008.
Also, Trinity re-established its Preschool, along with its existing Parentís Day Out (2004) program.
Our new Outdoor Recreational Commons (ORC) was dedicated Sunday, October 15, 2006. This is a combination of a playground required for State of Oklahoma pre-school certification, a recreation area for our youth programs and a family gatherings area.